Formerly Jump Rope for Heart is now Kids Heart Challenge!
Event Date: Monday, October 21, 2019 (raindate October 22nd)
- Our School is collecting online donations only. No cash or checks accepted. Please follow the steps in the below attachments to begin fundraising!
- **For information on how to register please click on the link: How to register
Bogert Elementary School
Why do we participate in Jump Rope for Heart? Here are some of the reasons.
• Regular periods of moderate to vigorous physical activity (3-5 times per week) enhance the health, academic performance, attitudes and classroom behavior of children at school.
• A number of studies have demonstrated that increased physical activity is linked to better school performance.
• The American Heart Association advocates for P.E. and Health Education to be on the list of core subjects.
• Overweight adolescents have at least a 70 percent chance of becoming overweight adults.
• More than 9 million children are overweight and 23 percent get no exercise.
• American children ages 2-17 spend an average of almost 25 hours per week watching television --that's more than any other activity except sleeping.
• Some experts predict that for the first time in history, because of inactivity and obesity-related illnesses, children's life spans will be shorter than their parents'.
• Congenital cardiovascular defects are the most common cause of infant death from birth defects.