Bogert Physical Education/Health
(201)-961-6500, ext. 2149
Bogert Elementary School will be participating in Kids Heart Challenge (formerly Jump Rope for Heart) again this year!
Why do we participate in KHC? Here are some of the reasons!
• Regular periods of moderate to vigorous physical activity (3-5 times per week) enhance the health, academic performance, attitudes and classroom behavior of children at school.
• A number of studies have demonstrated that increased physical activity is linked to better school performance.
• The American Heart Association advocates for P.E. and Health Education to be on the list of core subjects.
• Overweight adolescents have at least a 70 percent chance of becoming overweight adults.
• More than 9 million children are overweight and 23 percent get no exercise.
• American children ages 2-17 spend an average of almost 25 hours per week watching television --that's more than any other activity except sleeping.
• Some experts predict that for the first time in history, because of inactivity and obesity-related illnesses, children's life spans will be shorter than their parents'.
• Congenital cardiovascular defects are the most common cause of infant death from birth defects.
Please visit the Kids Heart Challenge Website for more information!