Welcome to Algebra 8!
- 3 Ring binder (1.5 to 2 inch)
- Loose-leaf Paper
- Pencil (all work MUST be done in pencil, no pens)
- 4 Function calculator (or better)
- 8 Binder sections labeled as
- Investigation 1
- Investigation 2
- Investgation 3
- Investgation 4
- Investigation 5
- Weekly Worksheets
Every assignment is worth a certain amount of points. Tests will be worth the most, followed by quizzes, weekly worksheet, and homework.
- Weekly Worksheets are available every Friday, and are due the following Friday, giving you one full week to complete them
- Each weekly worksheet consists of 10 questions, worth 1-point each, for a total of 10 points.
- They are graded on a non-partial credit scale, meaning each problem is either marked right or wrong.
- Students have the opportunity to come in during the current marking period to receive partial credit back for problems originally marked incorrect.
- In order to gain credit back, you must complete the corrections with me after school.
We quiz after 1-2 Investigation. (At least 1 quiz per book.) We do not review for quizzes, so please stay on top of your notes. You will be given 1-2 days notice before a quiz.
There will be a test following each book.
All tests are CUMULATIVE, meaning not only will you be tested on the current book, but prior books as well. So when you are studying, it is a good idea to look back at old summaries and assessments.
Login Account Information
password: student ID number
Mathxl Login Information
username: student email (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Study Island/IXL Login Information (access through Clever)
username: school email