- Cavallini Middle School maintains an extensive inventory of quality percussion instruments and mallets for use by percussion students.
- This is provided to percussion students at no charge since most instruments are rather expensive and purchasing such a large assortment of mallets is not practical for middle school students.
- Percussion students will be instructed as to proper handling and playing techniques of these school instruments and mallets.
- Students are required to provide their own drumsticks (either Vic Firth SD1 general or 2B, please no other sizes); a snare drum (or drum pad) and bell kit (optional) are necessary for home practice.
- Student families are responsible for repairs to school instruments/replacement of school mallets if damage is a result of individual mistreatment or irresponsibility.
- Student families are not responsible for the cost of maintenance/replacement due to normal “wear-and-tear.”
- Percussion students must treat school instruments and mallets with utmost care, or the privilege of using them will be revoked.