The ability to speak and understand another language will be a great asset to help in the future! It will also be a passport to a whole new world of opportunities for you. I’m eager to teach you Spanish and the many diverse cultures and traditions that are connected to this important world language.
Please make sure you understand and review all the classroom rules and expectations.
Students will show respect towards all other students and faculty at all times. Proper classroom behavior is expected.
Follow directions the 1st time they are given.
SPEAK SPANISH IN CLASS AT ALL TIMES.
- Homework assignments may not be turned late.
- Papers and Projects may be turned in late with a penalty of -10 pts. Minus for each day late.
- At any time, homework may be collected as graded as a quiz.
Entering the classroom
- Enter the classroom quietly and calmly. Without running or yelling. Students who do not do this will be asked to leave the room and reenter as requested by the teacher.
- Arriving late tardy
- Do not interrupt the class when you enter the room late. See me after class if necessary.
- Everyday you will begin a short exercise.
- This work is counted toward participation.
- When I raise my hand to get your attention, please, stop, look and listen for instructions.
- Allow classmates to respond to questions without calling out the answer. Give your classmate an opportunity to think and respond.
- Be positive and help each other- no ridiculing. Do not be afraid to speak in the target language! :)
- Attendance is not only mandatory but necessary for success
- If you are absent, YOU are responsible for notes from class and arranging to make-up assignments.
- All assignments will either be checked or collected. Assignments will be posted in google classroom.
Grading PercentagesQuizzes/ Test %30Projects %20Homework and Class Participation %50
** There will be opportunities for students to improve their grade during each marking period. Must speak with the teacher.
-PARTICIPATE. Speak Spanish as much as possible in class.
-STUDY REGULARLY. Practice using flashcards, online resources, and study sheets, and your text.
-TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR LEARNING. Make sure that you have completed and turned in all your work as well as any tests or quizzes you may have missed should you be absent from class.
-KEEP ORGANIZED Know where your resources are so you can use them, and know where you placed your assignments so that you will be able to find them when you need to hand them in.
All external links are intended for educational purpose only. If you come across any content that makes you uncomfortable, please contact the classroom teacher who will in turn, notify the building principal.