Your book is ONLINE!
username: first three letters + last name + cav7
password: Voss + five digit code
- 3 Ring binder (1.5 to 2 inch)
- Loose-leaf Paper
- Pencil (all workMUST be done in pencil, no pens)
- 4 Function calculator (or better)
- 8 Binder sections labeled as
- Investigation 1
- Investigation 2
- Investgation 3
- Investgation 4
- Investigation 5
- Weekly Worksheets
Every assignment is worth a certain amount of points. Tests will be worth the most, followed by quizzes, weekly worksheet, and homework.
Homework: (Posted daily on Genesis)
- Homework is assigned just about every day, including Friday.
- NO WORK, NO CREDIT
- Homework is graded based on completion, so every problem MUST be attempted. If you do not know how to approach a problem, use your summary. If this doesn't help, write out an explanation as to what you did not understand.
- Homework is due when you walk into class.
- Weekly Worksheets are available every Friday, and are due the following Friday, giving you one full week to complete them
- Each weekly worksheet consists of 10 questions, worth 1-point each, for a total of 10 points.
- They are graded on a non-partial credit scale, meaning each problem is either marked right or wrong.
- Students have the opportunity to come in at any time during the marking period to receive partial credit back for problems originally marked incorrect.
- In order to gain credit back, you must complete the corrections with me either during Academic Support or after-school
- We quiz after 1-2 Investigation. (Atleast 1 quiz per book.) We do not review for quizzes, so please stay on top of your notes. You will be given 1-2 days notice before a quiz.
- Expect a test following each book
- All tests are CUMULATIVE, meaning not only will you be tested on the current book, but prior books as well. So when you are studying, it is a good idea to look back at old summaries and assessments.
- This should not be a problem if you are doing the extra 15 minutes of review you're expected to do each night.
How You Can Help Your Child Succeed in Math Class
- Assist your child with homework and preparing for examinations
- Encourage your child to come for extra help after-school or Academic Support
- Help with consistent practice of math basic skills (flashcard, real-world math applications, weekly worksheets, MathXL)